Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Zimbabwe, Final Entry

Thirteenth Entries: 6-2-10

It’s really the end now. Our flight from South Africa to Atlanta was pretty easy--surprisingly. I watched tons of movies and TV and crashed for a good chunk of the flight. I had to hustle tog et to my flight to Boston--but I had time to freshen up--change clothes, put on some deodorant and get a Starbucks. Sweet fancy Moses, I’ve missed lattes! It’s just two hours to Boston now.

I’m feeling a little mixed--definitely ready to be home, and I have been refreshed. I feel at peace about not really going anywhere for the next little while, and I could see living abroad much more clearly now. Same and Marlene made it so natural--it doesn’t have to be out-in-the-sticks-with-nothing-whatsoever-mission. It’s about living and learning. I think it’s certainly given me a lot, a new perspective on living and working, of how cross-cultural mission can be anywhere, of prayer and reigning in life, of places to go and things to learn, of living and moving in the Spirit, of being open to prophecy and tongues and healing--God is amazing and I am feeling transformation within me. I only hope, as Sam said, not to let go of it too soon. I hope it sticks in me and encourages others.

No comments:

Post a Comment